Have a job posting that involves Hadoop? Post it here.
Think Hadoop isn’t on the rise? Take a look at this perspective! (http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/12/13/will-big-data-clog-networks-with-big-traffic/)
Ampian (Big Data) Data Analyst
We are working with a client in the Salt Lake Valley that is one of the leaders for analysis and predictive modeling in their industry throughout the world. They are currently adding to their team and need someone with experience in Big Data related technologies and a statistics / analytics background. This is an amazing company to work for and an incredible opportunity. My contact information is below. Please reach out to me if you or anyone you know would be interested in the position. Thanks!
- Assist with development of new predictive modeling initiatives at the project and product level. Suggest innovative analytic methods that result in a technically superior product and/or create a competitive advantage, as well as meet design requirements and project timeline. Innovate in the development of new capabilities and business opportunities using a multi-pronged approach to fraud and abuse detection, including provider, patient, claim, and other perspectives.
- Identify, research and recommend internal and external data sources needed for modeling. Develop specifications for structure of analytic data set and layout, and execute the plan for exploratory analysis of data.
- Serve as lead technical resource in developing and validating fraud models, including devising novel implementations and coaching junior scientists. Develop process and metrics to monitor model performance. Review reports and make recommendations for needed model refits/enhancements. Provide pilot testing support and analyze test results if needed.
- Develop and execute business diagnostics to enable productization and deployment.
- Create content and serve as technical resource in development partner updates. Develop customized models for development partners. Maintain a strong working partnership with domain experts and development partners.
- Create original publications including technical papers, white papers and byline articles. Keep abreast of business trends / product needs. Research literature to stay current on technical methods or to solve specific problems. Communicate with diverse audiences including technical stakeholders, clients, and at trade industry events.
- Support and develop junior team-members.
- Masters degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative field is required.
- 8+ years’ professional experience building predictive models on very large datasets required. Academic experience at the PhD level could be partially substituted for professional experience.
- 7+ years of experience with statistical analysis and modeling software such as SAS, IBM SPSS, Statistica, or R is required. Experience with datamining platforms such as SAS EnterpriseMiner, IBM SPSS Modeler, Statistica DataMiner, or equivalent is preferred.
- Professional experience applying predictive modeling techniques in healthcare or property and casualty verticals is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with data reduction techniques and statistical and predictive modeling methods (e.g., GLM/Regression, Trees, Neural networks, etc.) is required. Exposure to, and experience with, techniques such as Network mining, Text mining, Geo-spatial analytics, etc. is strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, including ability to present in public forums and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to required deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse business and client stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and mentor junior candidates.
Sr. Account Manager
Ampian Staffing, Inc.
150 W. Civic Center Dr. Ste. 104
Sandy, UT 84070
O: 801-253-6126 ext. 1004
Ask about our referral bonus.